Friday, August 21, 2009

August wedding thoughts: coral/apricot with tiffany blue



Target wedding date: July 11, 2010. I figured I should do some research.

I recently found an article about a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" wedding designed by Martha Stewart, a movie/theme which I really could not care less about. However, I did really like the colors (ivory, apricot, tiffany blue). I also sort of like the "vintage garden wedding" feel so I started looking further into that. 

I really like the centerpiece below, with the blue vase and peach or apricot colored flowers. The vase could also be clear with some other blue accent I suppose. Actually I think I'd like it better with an ivory tablecloth instead.





I don't know what these brown flowers are. They look expensive. (Edit: I can't believe how right I was. $20 A FLOWER!!!!) 






One website had the idea of using pretty notebooks like those to the right and numbering them for table number display. Then, since it's a notebook, guests can write well-wishes in them for you and you can keep them forever. Kind of cute. 

The invitations could look something like:





The flowery garden thing looks nice with a simple sheath dress, which is what I was looking for anyway. I am trying to avoid the "can't go pee without six people helping me, had to hold my breath while zipping up, and my hair is sprayed in the shape of a helmet" look.



More pictures below: (not sure about the empty bird nests though!)





1 comment:

  1. Woah! This does looks very pretty. I am helping with the decorations for my sister’s wedding and I am sure she is going to love this contrast. Her wedding is in one of the outdoor event locations and we all know how much this color is going to look good that time.

    ReplyDelete